Sunday, February 14, 2010

2010, here we come...

The holidays are over and it has been a busy start to the year. One kid in high school, one in year one, one at 3 year old kindy and the last one turning 2 years old next month. We are all getting used to the new routine that is for the new year.

I resumed teaching at Somerville Baptist College with five classes of great kids. I think it is going to be a good year! Two of my classes are ceramic classes. We will be making lots of fun stuff like, slip cast bowls, Fleur Schell inspired mugs, a mural, smoking dragons and more. One class is making crazy felt chooks with ceramic hand painted eggs and basket woven nests.

My adult clay workshops are also up and running. We are making tiled garden wall features. It is a very open brief so I have 15 students all making something different (I am running two classes this term due to demand). It will be wonderful to see them all finished. I will post photos later.

I have a new client for my Eucalypt Homewares tableware. A new shop opening soon in the Southern Highlands of NSW. Made By Others is the shop. Perth Up Market is not far away either, so the studio has called!


It has been a very industrious weekend. Braving the steaming studio (both the weather and the kiln adding to the ambiance of the space!) I have cast three colours in a day and a half. The hot weather is a help as well as a hindrance as it speeds up the drying of my moulds.


I would be out there now but even I can't handle 37*C days in the studio. Tomorrow should be a little cooler, so after a coffee with the year one mums, here I come studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment